Friday, February 16, 2007

Abebooks/Caiman books/USPS priority mail/Oxford Book of Wedding Music: Delayed


Ten days ago I ordered an organ book through Abebooks.com. I like abebooks: they are a great place to find used books at moderately good prices. Their selection is amazing! If they don't have it, well you better try the Library of Congress. Abebooks doesn't actually sell any books themselves. They just act a marketplace for a whole lot of used and new bookstores.

Anyway, so I ordered this book ten days ago and it still hasn't come. That is the bad part about getting a used book from one of these used book stores. They are as slow as all get-out! Last fall I got some photography books. I didn't have them in hand for 4 or 5 weeks! They came media mail and I guess that is why they took so long. I specified that this book come USPS priority mail. That is suppose to be 2-3 days. So even supposing that they took 2-3 days to get it out the door after they said it shipped it should have been here at latest Wednesday. Now it is Friday and it isn't here.

We did have a heap big snow and did not get any mail that day. That might account for another day, maybe, so Thursday. That was yesterday and it didn't come yesterday.

I hope it comes today. I am looking forward to playing the songs in it. It is called The Oxford Book of Wedding Music. The main song that I want is Coronation March from Crown Imperial by William Walton. It is a very exciting piece. The book has 29 other pieces most of which sound interesting. There is a complete list here. You can listen to snippets from some of the songs here.

If it comes today I will post an update to that affect. If not I will rant some more!

No comments: