Monday, February 19, 2007

USPS Rant

Here it comes:

<mode rant="rant">
The Post Office in our town is not my favorite shipping provider if it every was.
</mode>


<mode logical="logical">
On Friday I, with high hopes, was waiting with baited breath for my parcel as noted here. Carl, our mailman, came and went without leaving me a package. However, in the mail was a notice that there was a parcel at the post office for me. That's great but guess what today is? A federal holiday. Translation: Post Office closed! So, I will not get my book until 15 days after I ordered it!

Now the real killer is that I bought it from Caiman through ABEbooks so that I could save $4! Only $4 and all this hassle! I could have had it a week and half or more ago if I had spent the $4. I must need to reread the Law of Diminishing Returns. . .

</mode>

Maybe, I can post a recording if I ever get the book.

No comments: